I found the article below and thought I would share it with you. If you are not happy now you likely never will be. Article source: http://www.selfgrowth.com/
“We have all foolhardily said, at one time or another, that if we only had so and so, we would be happy forever. I remember saying it when I was a little tyke and wanted a two-wheeler, and later when I was a young man and wanted a house, three kids, and two cars!
I think we set ourselves up when we depend on outside things to complete us and make us happy, because we, in a way, become hostage to those circumstances. It’s a love/hate thing. We love the good times, but there is the veiled threat that the good times could go away. And that subconsciously scares us. So naturally, we become glued to anything pleasurable and adverse to anything not pleasurable. This sums up our lives, actually, this running away from that which we hate, and running toward what we love.
If you need an 11 year old to tell you not to give up on yourself or others, here is a great video for you.
Reporter: What is the best thing about life? Brenden: Just having one
Reporter:What gets you sad? Brenden: When someone gives up; don’t let anyone stop you
Doors are red, life gets blue, but always remember someone always has it worse than you.
“Expecting life to treat you well because you are a good person is like expecting an angry bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.” — unknown
So I was watching Miami Ink maybe a year ago (guilty as charged) and on the episode I was watching they had a guy who got a tattoo which said “Get busy liv’n or…Get busy dyin”. How much would I shock everyone if I all of the sudden showed up with a skull and snake tattoo? Don’t worry I’m not getting a tattoo any time soon, common me with a tattoo? It is interesting to watch that show because people tend to get tattoos after life altertering experiences don’t they? Anyway, the point of writing this is to ask yourself this: Are you getting busy living or busy dying? So many people go through life feeling sorry for themselves, don’t be one of them.
You only get one life to live so get busy living people!
- “Life is a grindstone. Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up depends on us.” — Thomas L. Holdcroft
- Life is like a taxi. The meter just keeps a-ticking whether you are getting somewhere or just standing still. — Lou Erickso
- And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.– Abraham Lincoln
- Life is like riding a bicycle. You don’t fall off unless you plan to stop peddling.– Claude Pepper
- It is not length of life, but depth of life. — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Nobody gets to live life backward. Look ahead, that is where your future lies. — Ann Landers
- Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyways. — Anonymous