Bought Tyler a T-Shirt and I’m a coffee cup guy so it was calling to me.
- Cost to build – $650 million
- Economic impact – Mall of America contributes more than $1.8 billion in economic impact activity annually to the state of Minnesota
- Gross leasable space – 2.5 million square feet
- Gross building area – 4.2 million square feet
- Number of stores – More than 520
- Sit-down restaurants – 20
- Fast food restaurants – 30
- Specialty food stores – 36
- Movie screens – 14
- Employees – 11,000 year-round, 13,000 during summers and holidays
- Parking spaces – 12,550 on-site
- Walking distance around one level – .57 miles
- Total store front footage – 4.3 miles
- Key attractions include Nickelodeon Universe®, Underwater Adventures® Aquarium, LEGO® Imagination Center, Dinosaur Walk Museum, A.C.E.S. Flight Simulation, NASCAR Silicon Motor Speedway, Bloomingdale’s, Macy’s, Nordstrom and Sears.
Did you know?
- 258 Statues of Liberty could lie inside the Mall
- If Mount Rushmore was divided into individual monuments, a president could reside in each of the Mall’s four courts
- Mall of America is big enough to hold 32 Boeing 747s
- Seven Yankee Stadiums can fit inside Mall of America
- If a shopper spent 10 minutes browsing at every store, it would take them more than 86 hours to complete their visit to Mall of America
- There is no sales tax on clothing in Minnesota