I have been getting all of my contacts updated in my Gmail Address Book. Last week I synced my Facebook contacts with Gmail and this week I learned LinkedIn has an address book exporter.
If you want to import your LinkedIn contacts with Gmail, here are the steps:
- Sign into LinkedIn.com
- Go to the address book exporter
- Export all of your contacts to a .csv file
- Open the CSV file in your favorite spreadsheet editor (Excel, OpenOffice etc)
- Delete any rows you don’t care about, or data that doesn’t exist in your Gmail address book
- Put a header row at the top of your spreadsheet to tell Gmail what each column of data represents. For instance if “John” is in the column name that column “First Name”.
- Save your spreadsheet somewhere handy like your desktop
- Open your gmail contacts and click the import link (top right-hand corner of the screen)
- The rest is pretty intuitive so I’ll leave that up to you. If you have any problems let me know.