Click on any image to get a larger view…
I thought that this comic was pretty clever.
A book I am reading. Here is the summary:
“Even when it is obvious to you that change in your organization is necessary, the difficulties that loom for creating that change can be intimidating. Or perhaps the change effort is well underway in your organization, but faltering. John Kotter, Harvard Business School’s leadership and change guru, sits down with BetterManagement to talk about what he has learned about changing organizations, why some change management efforts succeed, and why others fail. This interview provides guideposts for measuring your own change effort, using Kotter’s eight-step process for successful change.
1. Create a sense of urgency
2. Pull together the guiding team
3. Develop the vision and change strategy
4. Communicate for understanding and buy-in
5. Empower others to act
6. Produce short-term wins
7. Don’t let up
8. Create a new culture
The lessons you can draw from this interview will serve you well on the job, in your family and in your community. Based on John Kotter’s pioneering work on how to make smart change happen faster and better, the interview provides invaluable guidance no matter where you are in the organization—executives, managers and aspiring leaders at any level will all benefit. And the lessons are becoming ever more important as the world around us changes faster and faster.”
An awesome video on your ability to pay attention to details. Love it! Thanks Brian…
- “When things go wrong as they sometimes will.
- When the road your trudging seems all up hill.
- When funds are low and depts are high.
- And you want to smile, but you have to sigh.
- When care is pressing you down a bit.
- Rest if you must but do not quit.
- Life is queer with its twists and turns.
- As every one of us sometimes learns.
- And many a failure turn about, when he might have won had he stuck it out.
- Don’t give up though the pace may seem slow.
- You may succeed with another blow.
- Success is failure turned inside out.
- The silver tint of the clouds of doubt.
- And you never can tell how close you are.
- It may be near when it seems so far.
- So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit.
- It is when things seem worst that you must not quit.”