San Francisco 11-14-09

We went to San Francisco yesterday and started things off right by going to Taylor’s which has awesome burgers and sweet potato fries. We surprised our birthday boy at the Motown Madness musical.  Motown isn’t my favorite music in the world but I mentioned before going in that as long as I’m not the one singing I’m sure I’ll enjoy it.  Little did I know almost half way through the musical they would pull me up on stage to sing and dance.  Let me tell you I put up a good fight to try and keep from going on stage but the crowd was applauding so what can you really do at that point.

As you can see I have some awesome moves and even decided to do a move out of turn.  Yeah I’m the dweeb who turns when nobody else turns!  We got some of it on iPhone video which isn’t the greatest quality but you aren’t supposed to record in the theater so we are lucky we got what we have.

Then after they humiliated me the first time after intermission they came back for more by asking “hey where did that guy from Livermore go?”.  They came and made me stand up again and ask what my name is.  They said they have never had someone so shy come up on stage so they decided to keep after me.  They then asked who was sitting next to me and pulled her up so we could slow dance in front of everyone in the theater.  For a wallflower like me it made me turn bright red I’m sure but I kept smiling and tried to make the most of it.

After the musical we went to North Beach for some italian food and decided on Tony’s Pizza.  We didn’t know it at the time but it was Tony Pizzano’s restaurant who is the world pizza making champion.  Tony was there and we sat right next to the kitchen so we were able to get a few exchanges in with him.  Tony was really nice to us and made sure everything was good.  We then went to the Mark Hopkins Hotel to see the birthday boy’s hotel room which was very nice.  We went up to the Top of the Mark in a sweatshirt and tennis shoes but for the most part they were nice about letting us quickly look around.  We then went to get some coffee and then headed back to BART.  It was a really nice day, even if I did make a fool of myself.

I’m not sure if I have blogged about this yet but I have my own way of measuring the success of a day.  I say if you will remember the day on your death bed it was a good day.  So many days pass us by and we simply live them day to day not really making the most of them.  I can tell you yesterday was a death bed day!

OK here is the first video of me getting moved to the center of the stage because they were worried about me running off.  I’m in the middle of the stage which is good because one of the singers blocks me most of the time.

Oh and last but certainly not least, here is me turning when nobody else turned.  I rule at this if you can’t tell.  Oh and a little singing.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>