If you haven’t heard of Zappos.com, you may be a new reader to my blog because I write about them a lot. I’m a big believer that what gets measured and focused within a company tends to get done. The slides below were presented by Tony Hsieh, Zappos.com’s CEO at an “all hands on meeting” at the Amazon.com headquarters (Amazon recently acquired Zappos.com). Zappos.com’s customer service is top notch and there aren’t too many companies which treats it’s employees and customers better.
What are Zappos’ core values?
- Deliver WOW through service
- Embrace and drive change
- Create fun and a little weirdness
- Be adventurous, creative, and open-minded
- Pursue growth and learning
- Build open and honest relationships with communication
- Build a positive team and family spirit
- Do more with less
- Be passionate and determined
- Be humble
Every year, the company reinforces its core values by publishing a 500-page culture book with unedited contributions made by employees and vendors. They distribute it company-wide, as well as to anyone who wants to purchase a copy. The company even opens up its Las Vegas offices for free tours, and welcomes companies like Southwest Airlines to spend time watching Zappos’s call center operations, recruitment practices, and training.