I watched Objectified the other night and got a few good things to take away from it.
- Almost everything that fills our world has been designed in one form or another.
- “Every object tells a story if you know how to read it” – Henry Ford
- Don’t worry about the average customer. Look at the extremes. If you understand what the extremes are the middle will take care of itself.
- Dieter Rams former design director Braun Kronberg, Germany
- Good design
- Should be innovative
- Make a product useful
- Is Aesthetic design
- Make a product understandable
- Is honest
- Is unobstructed
- Is long-lived
- Is consistent in every detail
- Environmentally friendly
- Is as little design as possible.